Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

To all my friends and family i would love to wish you all a safe and happy thanksgiving.
Sorry i have not been Blogging to much been busy with other things but had a great time at the ham fest in Lawrenceville early this month. I did not buy to much expect for a 2mtr rig for local chat the radio is a Yaesu FT-1900r but when i hooked it up the radio would not power up.
I checked the volts to the rig 12volts getting to it. I thought typical i get the only bad radio so i took a trip back to the ham fest and he hooked it up and bingo the rig powered up straight away!!.
Me red faced thanked him and came home hooked it up again and guess what still dead with me and still getting 12v to the radio.
Yes you guessed it my power supply is kaput. I figured this out when i hook the rig to my car battery,This time she powered up.
We got hit by lighting and my HF rig would not turn on so that was the only rig i had at the time that was connect to the power supply i thought that was it just the radio well at least now i know that i now need a new power supply.

Another thing that i have been working on is my  40m qrp cw rig the Ten Tec 1340. It has been fun but this is the first kit i have worked on and have made a number of mistakes but i hope it all works in the end.
That is just an update just want to wish all my American friends and family a very happy thanksgiving.

73 de Steve KJ4PXH/G0OMM

No comments:

Post a Comment